Of course, it may not be possible for Bitcoin to become a universal transaction currency, but now there are more and more places where Bitcoin can be used for payment.
On the SpendABit search engine, you can also directly search for merchants who accept Bitcoin payments.
A useful tracker is BitcoinWide. It lists companies that accept Bitcoin and regularly updates its database.
1) Online gift cards
Although retail giants like Amazon and BestBuy still don’t accept it, people can buy products using third-party services.
For example, eGifter allows customers to use Bitcoin to buy gift cards from Walmart, Apple, Uber, Adidas and Amazon.
2) Video games, bill payments
People can also buy video games in their Bitcoin wallets. Microsoft accepted it as “a payment option for purchasing apps, games and other digital content from Windows, Windows Phone, Xbox Games, Xbox Music or Xbox Video Stores”.
3) Hotels, airline tickets and food orders
In recent years, an increasing number of hotels around the world have begun to accept Bitcoin in their bookings.
In addition, some apps in the Apple and Android stores make it possible to purchase airline tickets by converting Bitcoin into fiat currency.
In addition to purchasing services via Bitcoin, the cryptocurrency can even be used to make donations.
4) Virtual stores
Overstock sells appliances, furniture, decorative items and jewelry. And since 2014, it started accepting BTC. The company has invested to develop its own blockchain network and its own cryptocurrency.
You can also purchase with your bitcoins products like headphones, notebooks, tablets and other electronics at Newegg or Etsy, which are very popular online stores in North America.
Amazon offers around 30% discount for customers who use cryptocurrencies when buying. It is worth mentioning that the company uses an intermediary tool in its bitcoin payments.
Honestly, this is an industry that I didn’t expect to be using cryptocurrencies anytime soon. However, the reality is completely different.
The Subway franchise has some stores in the United States that use BTC.
In Canada, there is Pizza for Coins that is not a pizzeria, but through this company, you choose a pizzeria, place the order and pay with BTC through Pizza for Coins.
- Tired of being left behind and losing and leaving money with crypto assets, schedule a consultancy and we will solve this, click the button below
- Have you ever met Binanci, the largest cryptocurrency broker in the world? We recommend it for beginners and advanced, as it is extremely good and complete in all requirements. Click on the button or link below to register and get a free 10% bonus on your membership fee.
We recommend reading our other posts so as not to be fooled when buying your precious Bitcoins.
- We recommend reading Cryptocurrency Mining. This book shares the vision of two cryptocurrency insiders as they analyze the hardware, software and strategies needed to extract Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero, LiteCoin and Dash. The book also provides information on how to stay ahead of the curve to maximize your return on investment.